Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Face Book or...?




I just registered [Face book]--- now a days all the people play (specially youngstars) with that.
But before I will create my page, still unsatisfied my feeling that is it really fun? Or any advantage for me?
Maybe If I have this I can connect with friends they stay in over seas and seldom greeting or know something the latest news with the people who don’t communicate often each other such as relative.
Or maybe if I join the certain interest group, I can exchange the info for my interest & hobby.
(Maybe good but I think I can find group in other specific place also)
Usually I sometimes peep facebook when my son open his page and he teaches me this powerful advantage of facebook.

BUT, The most people just up load their photos and not much interesting story and other unnecessary(for me) gajets. its not a blog.
Exposes oneself as trend-->it seems to compete whether oneself appears cool or not. The growth of ambient intimacy can seem like modern narcissism taken to a new — the ultimate expression of a generation of celebrity-addled youths who believe their every

What is fun of this?(What is fun for that?)
I saw an interesting article recently Why does not facebook break in Japan as well as Western country.
These cultural distinctions largely explain why social networks from abroad have a hard time winning over Japan’s 90 million web users.
In this opportunity, there is A can know B’s friend, or you didn’t know your friends know somebody you know…

“Societal and cultural gaps are particularly evident in the case of Japan. Market entry in this country with a “What works in the US must also work over there”-attitude is going away for both Facebook and MySpace. It’s not a stereotype that communication tends to be nonverbal in Japan. The society generally puts more emphasis on the community rather than on the individual. Also, security plays a major role in many aspects of Japanese life.”

“A perfect example of a cultural misconception: Mark Zuckerberg recently said in Tokyo one of Facebook’s unique selling points is the usage of real names and photos in profiles. This may be true but it’s exactly what Japanese web users usually try to avoid. And they already have a high-trust, invitation-based social network anyway: Mixi.”

“Facebook’s hands-off approach especially leaves a lot to be desired. The quality of the site’s translation is amateurish in parts (at least in the initial version), a challenge MySpace’s local team was at least able to master. In addition, due to relatively weak English skills, most of the Facebook applications are pointless in the eyes of Japanese users. Without apps that make sense, Facebook is crippled”.

“The same is true for complex web products such as a social network – if the company behind it really means it. Currently it seems Facebook and (to a lesser degree) MySpace chose to start working the Japanese market with a minimum of resources. But in most cases, remote management is perceived in insular Japan as second-rate treatment.”


Now [Twitter] seems to have breaking. Their application is like internet SMS.
More and more new social networks appear and in the end I doubt whether there is a point in long term or not.

“Why would you subject your friends to your daily minutiae?”
“And conversely, how much of their trivia can you absorb? “
“All the present people whom such a connection needs may be lonely?”
My husband told me, more we have developing communication tools, more people get worst communication skill.

Spend a time only with the nonsense chit-chat or unnecessary conversation but they didn't discuss actual main topic or occurs miscommunication, etc...
Feeling of interesting but think twice, social net working.

No comments: